Work is work. But we should also take care of the planet and environment. Ultimately, we are all dependent on the Mother Earth for our survival.
The following are some ideas and tips for making the workplace more environmentally friendly.
1. Buy refillable pens instead of those use-once-and-throw-away type.
2. Use eco-friendly recording and storage systems. As best as possible, store data digitally. If you need to burn the data onto a disc, we recommend using the blue-ray. Blue rays are typically better for recycling.
3. Dissemination of information using email instead of paper. This one is obvious. Emails are easier to use and save on paper wastage.
4. Use energy-saving desktops and computers. Some computers equipments such as LCD screen have energy-saving features. Use them.
5. Where possible, cut down on the air-conditioning usage. Fan or natural wind use less energy.
Well, these are just some of the eco-friendly workplace ideas.
Please feel free to add more ideas in the comments sections. Thanks.